Queen’s Jubilee Medal was awarded to Maralyn Benay by the Lieutenant Governor Donald Ethell in honor of her advocacy for youth and for co-founding Parents Empowering Parents (PEP) Society:2013.
- Nomination for a True Imagination Award, The Lieutenant Governor’s Circle of Mental Health and Addiction: 2012, 2013.
- People’s Choice Award, 2nd Place, Wreath/Centerpiece Category, Festival of Trees: 2012.
- People’s Choice Award, 3rd Place Tree Category, Festival of Trees: 2008, 2010.
- Community Life Pride of Strathcona Award, Maralyn Benay, Tina Dow, & Audrey Holliday (PEP Co-Founders): 2011.
- Restorative Justice Awards Annual Achievement: 2010
- Nomination for The Duncan & Craig Laurel Awards: Recognizing the Innovation & Creativity of Not-for-Profit Organizations: 2006, 2009.
- Minister’s Award for Municipal Excellence, Partnership Award for the Strathcona County Community Drug & Alcohol Strategy: 2006.
PEP was instrumental in getting the PChAD (Protection of Children Abusing Drugs Act) legislation in place as a resource for parnets in Alberta, July 2006.
- Alberta’s Promise: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- CPAC, Community Partners in Action Committee: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- AAMIMH, Associate Member of the Alberta Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health: 2012, 2013